Chris Matulis is an associate attorney with Crady Jewett McCulley & Houren. He joined the firm in 2022 and practices in the litigation group where he primarily represents clients in general commercial litigation including business litigation, construction litigation, employment litigation and real estate disputes. Chris has also assisted in handling commercial collections, intellectual property claims, toxic torts, and business transactions.
Prior to joining CJMH, Chris was an associate attorney in the litigation group of a Louisiana based law firm. Chris also played baseball for LSU and was a member of the 2009 National Championship team. Between undergrad and law school, he pitched professionally in the Milwaukee Brewers’ system.
- Successful defense of Texas Trucking Company in dispute with independent contractor claiming entitlement to Louisiana Workers Compensation benefits
- Successful representation of real estate developer in application for re-zoning of large commercial property and drafting condominium declarations
- Successful defense verdicts in medical malpractice claims in Louisiana
- Representation of Fortune 500 manufacturer and subsidiaries on national basis in claims of serious bodily injury and death arising out of conveyor accidents
- Representation of Fortune 500 oil companies in toxic tort litigation
- Representation of individuals and numerous companies, including restaurants, manufacturers/distributors, retailers, and casinos, in claims of serious bodily injury arising out of vehicular accidents, premises defects, and defective products
- Representation of athletes in contracts and advice related to business and marketing.
- Representation of musician in royalty dispute against former manager
- Representation of entrepreneur in business reorganization, contract drafting, and dispute resolution
- Representation of member of limited liability company in pursuing claim of breach of fiduciary duty.
Chris earned his B.A. from the University of Central Florida in 2013. He earned his J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 2017.
- Texas, 2022
- Louisiana, 2017
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association; Baton Rouge Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Centralized Sales and Use Tax Collection Proposal Submitted by Local Associations, Louisiana Law Blog, October 23, 2020