- This seminar has passed.
31st Annual Tax Planning Seminar
November 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$250.00
The Basics of Basis Adjustments and Book Ups Under Section 754
- An overview of adjustments and book ups under Code § 754. Presented by Andrea M. Paisley, J.D.
The 4-1-1 on 401: Estate Planning for Qualified Retirement Plans and IRAs
- An overview of estate planning and income tax considerations when completing beneficiary designations, including the potential impacts of the SECURE Act. Presented by Anthony Garcia, J.D., LL.M.
Profits Interests: Income Tax and Estate Planning Update
- An overview of current developments in estate taxation, including miscellaneous income tax deductions for estates. Presented by Peter Marmo, J.D.
- A discussion of the laws and planning considerations for Opportunity Zones. Presented by Chris Goodrich, J.D., LL.M.
Current Developments – Federal Income, Estate and Gift Tax Developments Affecting Businesses, Individuals and Entities, Including Partnerships and S Corporations
- An overview of current developments in taxation, including miscellaneous income tax deductions. Presented by Jay R. Houren, J.D., C.P.A.
Deducting Business Losses Post-Tax Reform
- Navigating the TCJA’s new limitation on excess business losses of non-corporate taxpayers and how this limitation intersects with other loss limitations in the Internal Revenue Code. Presented by Emily Bivona, J.D., C.P.A.
What to Watch Out For: Key Points of Partnership Agreements from the CPA’s Perspective
- Discuss (i) some of the most frequently made mistakes related to partnership accounting, (ii) how Partnership Agreements should be drafted to help avoid those mistakes, and (iii) how to identify key provisions of the Partnership Agreement and correct mistakes early in order to help clients avoid unnecessary liability. Presented by Katelyn Van Sickel, J.D., C.P.A.
Royalty Payment Issues for Mineral Owners
- A survey of various issues mineral owners and their CPAs should know about oil and gas royalty payments. Presented by Steven Lord, J.D., LL.M.
8.0 Hours CE | 6.75 Hours CLE
Reception Immediately Following